Follow the link below to opportunities and offers by the Startups, Idea Owners, Aspiring Entrepreneurs.
Communications Professional – Regional Banking
Communications Consultant 3
From Mr. Paul Gomez, VP – Corporate Communications, Wells Fargo.
IT STARTS WITH YOU.
Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
At WELLS FARGO, we invest in our people. Our diverse lines of business offer unique opportunities to expand your knowledge and advance your career.
CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS manages internal, external, and executive communications for Wells Fargo. To support its mission of solidifying Wells Fargo's reputation as one of the world's great companies, this group sets the communication strategy, shares compelling stories, provides strategic counsel, empowers team members, and strives for excellence.
COMMUNICATIONS CONSULTANT 3 – REGIONAL BANKING
With a region spanning more than 125 stores and 2,000 team members, we are seeking a talented public relations professional to contribute to the communications effort for Wells Fargo Regional Banking in Los Angeles, CA. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for delivering excellent media relations results and also demonstrate outstanding writing skills. The position is based in downtown Los Angeles and does not offer relocation or telecommuting.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with Los Angeles broadcast and print media including diverse outlets.
• Develop and place proactive media pitches.
• Contribute to monthly editorial calendar for internal stories.
• Write and edit a variety of complex and/or sensitive communications including talking points and speeches.
• Implement social media strategies as part of key PR initiatives.
• Contribute to the development of monthly communications reports.
• Contribute to group work streams and/or department-wide initiatives as needed.
• Ability to write effectively for varied internal and external audiences
• Proven track record of building strong media relationships and placing external stories
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with teams across a matrixed environment
WELLS FARGO & COMPANY (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through our many locations, ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking. To learn more, Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Social Media and Wells Fargo Stories.
• 4+ years of communications experience.
• 4+ years of media relations experience
• A BS/BA degree or higher in marketing or communications
• Knowledge and understanding of internet, mobile, and social media technology
• Ability to communicate effectively with business partners and project managers
• Ability to deliver multiple concurrent projects or large scale individual projects
• Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, and Project) skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
• Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
• Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
• Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
• Experience developing partnerships and collaborating with other business and functional areas
• Knowledge and understanding of internal corporate communications development
• Knowledge and understanding of writing, editing, coordinating, and publishing sensitive documentation
• Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
• Corporate communications and agency communications experience
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Free-Type)
• Working knowledge of the Los Angeles market
• Strong relationships with Los Angeles media and community influencers
333 S. Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90071-1504
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
If interested, contact Mr. Paul Gomez at
Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) Unpaid Summer Internship Program
We are looking for students interested in working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Although our internships are unpaid and housing is not provided, we believe the experience gained from performing meaningful work at NASA Headquarters is invaluable. NASA has ranked as the #1 Best Place to Work in the Federal government for five consecutive years.
About the Organization
The agency's Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) ensures the financial health of the Agency, including responsibility for ensuring that NASA resources are effectively employed toward the achievement of NASA's strategic plan. It manages the Agency’s budget and financial operations, directs the preparation and submission of annual financial and budgetary reports, the Agency's appropriations liaison with the House and Senate Committees on Appropriations, and coordinates Agency financial management activities with other federal agencies.
Internship Opportunities Available
The Office of the Deputy CFO (DCFO)
The Office of the Deputy CFO (DCFO) for Financial Operations within NASA’s Office of the Chief Financial Officer seeks an energetic student to join its team. You will work under the direction of the DCFO. This internship provides an excellent opportunity to learn federal accounting and financial management processes and financial reporting activities for a multi-billion dollar size organization.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Conducting accounting research project(s) and/or studies;
• Preparing/generating financial metrics for government-wide benchmarking purposes; and
• Assisting in financial audit activities and/or management/financial reporting controls activities.
• Other duties as assigned, with strong link to federal accounting/financial management policies, processes and systems.
Candidates should have skills or knowledge in: Accounting major with basic knowledge of accounting concepts and standards; ability to communicate in writing and orally; experience with databases and ability to generate information/reports from such.
The Office of the Associate Deputy CFO (ADCFO)
The Office of the Associate Deputy CFO (ADCFO) within NASA’s Office of the Chief Financial Officer seeks an energetic student to join its team. You will work under the direction of the Director of the Mission Support Office and the Budget/Contracts Team Lead. This internship provides an excellent opportunity to learn the federal budget process and managing the execution and formulation for a multi-million dollar size organization.
• Assisting staff with budget preparation;
• Tracking and reporting financial data;
• Creating reports from SAP financial system utilizing Business Objects
• Assisting in the preparations of spending plans, budgets, and projections; and
• Assisting in the development of the FY18 budget for the Office of the Chief Financial Officer organization.
Additional tasks may also include routine work supporting the office in which they work and related assistance to managers and staff. Candidate should have strong skills in data analysis, Excel, and database queries.
The Mission Support Office/Workforce Planning Team
The Mission Support Office (MSO) provides support across CFO Divisions in all areas of organizational and managerial activities. The Workforce Planning team is responsible for all personnel matters for the OCFO, to include human resources, performance management, leave and attendance, employee awards program, travel, budget, and administration of the CFO University. If you are a student interested in administration and management, join the team!
• Assisting with creating/documenting, or streamlining standard operating procedures;
• Creating or updating databases, shared sites/collaboration spaces, and the OCFO website;
• Auditing CFO University class course materials and identifying areas of improvement;
• Updating/cleaning up CFO University website and online resources library.
Candidate should have strong skills in: databases, data analysis, excel, website maintenance; and oral and written communication.
You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident.
Be a junior or senior currently enrolled and in good standing in an accredited college or university.
How to Apply:
Submit your updated resume to
The internships will run from May 22-August 11, 2017.
Deadline to apply is Thursday, March 16, 2017.
Foothill Transit, the primary fixed-route transit provider in eastern Los Angeles County, California, is seeking a highly qualified individual for the position of Intern. Foothill Transit’s mission is to be the premier public transit provider committed to safety, courtesy, quality, responsiveness, efficiency, and innovation. We are an award-winning bus system with a fleet of over 300 vehicles and ridership exceeding14 million annually.
As part of Foothill Transit’s commitment to workforce development, Foothill Transit’s Internship Program was created to allow students to gain valuable skills and knowledge. In addition, the interns will support Foothill Transit achieving its mission. Interns will be paid $15.00 per hour. The number of hours worked per week will be flexible depending upon the student’s schedule.
This position reports to a Foothill Transit Department Director and will assist in the day-to-day operations of a wide variety of projects, across a number of functional areas. This position works closely with multiple departments to provide support and collaboration.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
• Completing tasks and assignments using independent judgment, skill, and personal initiative
• Preparing and presenting analytical and statistical reports
• Preparing correspondence for signature
• Assisting in monitoring contracts and ensuring compliance with Federal and State guidelines and Foothill Transit policies
• Providing assistance and support in the planning, design, development, and implementation of short and long-term projects, including and not limited to college and other local service area ridership initiatives, etc.
• Assisting in various projects that may include and are not limited to: administration, architectural design, CAD, finance, engineering, government relations, graphic design, human resources, marketing, communications, procurement, quality assurance, planning, information technology, safety, customer service, operations, and customer relations
• Providing general administrative staff support and assist in the completion of day-to-day administrative tasks such as answering phones and photocopying
• Other duties as assigned
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software and familiarity with computer/internet research
• Ability to set priorities and organize time to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to work well with others
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Operation of office equipment (phones, fax, copy machine, etc.)
• Current enrollment in an accredited community college, four-year college, or university with major coursework in public administration, finance, business administration, political science, planning, transportation, or related field.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or a legal resident and eligible to work in the U.S. as determined by U.S. Immigration Laws and the Department of Homeland Security.
The individuals selected for this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please download the Foothill Transit application at www.foothilltransit.org and send application, resume, salary history, and current DMV H-6 print out to:
100 S. Vincent Ave., #200
West Covina, CA 91790
This position is open until filled. Please submit your resume promptly for full consideration.
Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA)
From Mr. Fields Jackson of Racing Toward Diversity magazine.
At MDA, we are fighting to freeindividuals and the families who love them from the harmful effects ofmuscle-debilitating diseases so they can live longer and grow stronger.
Our Values are our strength: We believe in MUSCLE:
• Mission: We’re driven to accelerate progress for families and muscle health.
• Understanding: We re attentive to our constituent s needs and each other.
• Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, we drive the best possible outcomes.
• Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and build communities.
• Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers our people.
• Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceed constituents expectations.
The intern will assist with core job functions of the District office. The intern will be given a minimum of one project that will be his/her responsibility to assist with the success of the Fundraising and/or Family Support and Clinical Care Teams. He/she will gain experience working directly with MDA Fundraising and/or Family Support and Clinical Care Teams and MDA families. Duties will include assisting in the execution of major fundraising and/or Family Care and Clinical Support programs such as Muscle Walk, Fill the Boot, Shamrocks, etc. They will provide assistance to the District office team and perform additional duties as needed. The objective of this internship is to foster the development of the intern by working with all levels of the office to complete programs and learn both professionally and personally about MDA and the non-profit industry.
• Assist the fundraising coordinators with the execution of major fundraising programs. MDA s Shamrocks Against Dystrophy, Muscle Walk, Lock-Ups, Fill the Boot, Golf Tournaments, Social Events and other community based fundraising.
• Work with Fundraising Coordinators to secure donations for the fundraising event.
• Provide event assistance to team with preparation of materials.
• Perform other duties as needed
• Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively. Initiative - Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team; exhibit sound and accurate judgment, including prioritization and time management skills.
• Customer Service: Prioritizes internal and external interactions, maintaining the highest standard of donor interactions and responding in a timely manner.